Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #10 Virtual Worlds

YIKES! While I thought this was "cool" (I managed to find out how to sit and walk around). I had trouble w/ maneuvering around and doing stuff. I'm really not sure how this benefits our students. Perhaps I'm "old" or just not creative enough.

The only real benefit I could currently see would be using it as a preferred activity reward for students who complete all work and have "free time". Our students love online gaming so I can see how this would be a nice incentive for them. Perhaps they could even create their world to match activities they are doing in school.

I guess I will really have to play around with this one more, but I feel like it's more of a video game type activity. I not sure I have the amount of time it looks like it could require.

No comments:

Post a Comment