Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #8 Screencast

Many of our students are ultra tech-savvy. I feel it would be a great benefit for educators to have current students create screencasts on how to navigate the student servers, create and upload videos, podcasts, etc. and use online tutorials. Students have a different perspective than educators. They can address questions that we would not necessarily think about as an adult. An added bonus would be that educators would learn tech skills from students. We need to remember that we are not always the experts on everything. Sometimes are students and their experiences are the best educators.

I tried to use several of the online screencasts tools, but had a little difficulty figuring them out. I could get them started, but couldn't finalize the video. I guess I will need to try again at home. Perhaps that is the issue.

I would like my first screen cast to be one that walks students through my personal math website. It would be great to have a permanent "tutorial" on all the parts of my website and what they do. I also want to make one that showcases the online text that I provide as a resources for my students. Many don't use it as much as they should b/c they have difficulty navigating and understanding all the parts of this valuable resource.

Okay.. I tried it at home and it worked GREAT! I don't have audio b/c I didn't have the microphone headset w/ me, but I can always add that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment