Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #7 Video Resources

I found the Fair Use info dry, but helpful. As teachers, we love to use and borrow and we need to be diligent that we are not breaking any copyright laws. We also need to help our students understand these laws. I included a link to FAIR USE on my website for my students and myself to refer to throughout the year.

Depending on what you are searching for full episodes or just clips can be very useful in the classroom. I like PBSVideo b/c I know I don't have to "filter" as much or worry about stumbling across inappropriate content. The videos under Be Green and the Economy would be great for a math/science class. We could explore and discuss how science impacts our world and the math behind that science.

Another sources I've found for video resources is The Futures Channel. This site ties closely to content and has 3-6min videos for a variety of curriculum units. TFC also has teacher resources for each video and student activities. You can access many of the items for free but a teacher subscription is only $35/year. Their videos are also on DVD. I really like this resource. I don't always "like" their activities, but they are a great jumping off point for tailoring things to the needs of the individual classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment