Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #9 Slideshare

Wow, I wish I had known about this last year. I did a menu-style unit and power points were one of the choices. You guessed it... they were not that great. Power points are not all they are cracked up to be. It'd be awesome to find some and use them in class to show students what a snazzy slide show can be with the right perspective.

I think our students could really get into this. The ability to add voice, music, photos, etc. as well as upload them and share them with the world is right up their ally. It's almost like YouTube for PowerPoints.

I'd like to have student groups try this function out this year. I know they'd get a real kick out of it.
Perhaps my teaching partners and I can make one for back-to-school. Our students and parents would surely appreciate something "cool" rather than the same old "same old".

No comments:

Post a Comment